Saturday, December 26, 2009

Get set...

Workout Concept
Open in prayer.
Ask God to meet you right where you are, to help set your feet on Solid Rock. Invite Him with you today, wherever your workout finds you. Ask for healing, strength, endurance, whatever you need to get through the workout, but above all, ask for a blessed time with the Prince of Peace.

Memorize scripture while you warm up. God beats cadences in our lives daily. Each of us has a customized harmony of what God is trying to teach us with these directed beats. Pull from this to select scriptures meaningful to your journey and store their treasures in your heart. A great place to start if you have no idea is Psalm 51:10-12: "Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me."

Worship while you run. I have to listen to music when I run. I just never appreciated the sound of the birds barely audible through my labored breathing. And nothing gets you up an incline like Chris Tomlin singing “Let God Arise”. (Stay tuned for playlist suggestions.)

Pray while you cool down. A prayer list, a prayer experiment, prayer commitments… think big! Remember who you are in Christ and go boldly before the Throne of Grace (Hebrews 4:16).

No comments:

Post a Comment